Review Of J.P Bullfeathers

Now I'd like to begin by saying that all areas in Western New York have at least one great place to eat and have a good time. But ever since I started at Buffalo State College, there has been only one area that has the highest abundance of good food and a refreshingly diverse palette and it's the Elmwood Village. Yesterday, I ventured toward one of my favorite establishments in J.P Bullfeathers American Grill and Bar on 1010 Elmwood Avenue in Buffalo, NY. The exterior of the restaurant is primarily made out of brick with nice wooden carvings flanking the restaurant (seen above). When I walked in the interior reminds you of the bars of yesteryear with wooden tables/chairs/rails/ etc. There are three different sitting areas at Bullfeathers, either the patio outside, the bar with tables to the front of it, and a downstairs dining area with booths. Their menu offers a very robust selection which at first, resembles dishes from the local pub, but transitions to high class dining. Now most Buffalonians enjoy the typical WNY staples like Beef On Weck ($8.75) or their Chicken Finger Sub ($7.95). I went straight to their "Bullfeather's Classics" and dined on their Patty Melt ($8.50), which comprised of a 1/2 pound ground beef patty, grilled onions, and American cheese on a grilled seedless rye bread. After sipping on some Iced Tea for around 10-12 minutes the Patty Melt came to my table with a side of chips. The melt was well organized, offering a generous amount of chips alongside it. After the first bite I could taste the freshness of the beef which was top notch, the sweetness of the grilled onions provided a relief from the powerful flavor of the beef. The cheese and bread also worked well together as the creaminess of the cheese complimented the salty and crunchy bread. After the meal I felt full, but at the same time content because it wasn't so heavy that you cant move, but enough weight to last a few hours before dinner. The bill for this wonderful meal with chips and unlimited drink was only $10.82! Truly an affordable meal with significant quality backing it. CATEGORIES Enviornment: 4/5 (only knock is the poorly angled televisions toward the tables in front of the restaurant) Service: 3/5. Food Quality: 4/5 (freshness of the beef very key) Overall: 11/15 (a solid place for a bite to eat for lunch especially) If you like to check out JP Bullfeathers their website is www.jpbullfeathersbuffalo.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P MCA/Bisons Game

The Echoes Were Awakened (Part III of V)

Recap Of Buffalo State Softball Tournament