My debut as a wrestling referee/BCW Lake Erie Mayhem recap!
I apologize for the long wait. It has been a while since I posted. But I am back with an abundance of information regarding a rather enjoyable night with Buffalo Championship Wrestling at the Lake Erie Italian Club in Lackawanna on Saturday.
BCW's "Lake Erie Mayhem" featured six matches on the card, including the main event that involved former TNA/WWE/WCW wrestler "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner and "Retro" Rex Atkins, taking on the Killer Steve's in a tag team contest.
But the evening began with Bryan Castle vs Bobby Sapphire. Both men weighing in over 315LBS each, and take a guess at who was officiating that match? It was yours truly. It was my very first match as a referee in pro wrestling. After I was introduced I received some boos as usual in sporting events for referees to deal with.
Castle started off the match panning to the crowd while Sapphire wanted a test of strength, which Castle obliged. Sapphire during the match would utilize numerous illegal choke holds, even going as far as biting the face of Castle. After reprimanding Sapphire numerous times, Castle then responds by biting Sapphire for which I decided to let go since Sapphire abused the maneuver throughout the match.
After a close two count by Castle after a sitting clothesline, Sapphire blocked Castle's senton off the ropes, following up with a hard clothesline after removing his elbow pad. Sapphire then pinned Castle and got the three count, much to the chagrin of the crowd.
Other results were high flying luchador Loca Vida defeating Dux, "Sik Rik" Matrix defeating Troy "The Boy" Buchanan via submission, "Buffalo Bad Boy" Brian Jennings defeating Krimson.
The main event started as Steiner and Atkins jumped out quickly on the Killer Steve's. It was a classic back and forth match until both Atkins and Steiner put on the signature Steiner Recliner on both Steve's until they both gave up.
It was a great thrill to be a part of the event, I cannot wait until the next event for BCW as I will make sure to let you know either on here or on Twitter (@larslewis12). There are more pictures of the event, I will see if I can get a couple to post on here. But for now, I have these two with Steiner and Dux. Both were wonderful to talk to. Again, cant wait til' the next show!
Next post will be about the upcoming Buffalo Greek Festival next Friday, Saturday, and Sunday! I will be there likely either Friday or Sunday so if you see me, don't be afraid to say hello!
LL
p.s, Happy Memorial Day, if you see a veteran, be sure to thank him and feel good that he is alive and well. Because there were men who did not make it back, tomorrow is a day especially for them. Because they paid the ultimate price to assure this country freedom and peace from their generation to ours. R.I.P To the men and women who fought and died for our country.
BCW's "Lake Erie Mayhem" featured six matches on the card, including the main event that involved former TNA/WWE/WCW wrestler "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner and "Retro" Rex Atkins, taking on the Killer Steve's in a tag team contest.
But the evening began with Bryan Castle vs Bobby Sapphire. Both men weighing in over 315LBS each, and take a guess at who was officiating that match? It was yours truly. It was my very first match as a referee in pro wrestling. After I was introduced I received some boos as usual in sporting events for referees to deal with.
Castle started off the match panning to the crowd while Sapphire wanted a test of strength, which Castle obliged. Sapphire during the match would utilize numerous illegal choke holds, even going as far as biting the face of Castle. After reprimanding Sapphire numerous times, Castle then responds by biting Sapphire for which I decided to let go since Sapphire abused the maneuver throughout the match.
After a close two count by Castle after a sitting clothesline, Sapphire blocked Castle's senton off the ropes, following up with a hard clothesline after removing his elbow pad. Sapphire then pinned Castle and got the three count, much to the chagrin of the crowd.
Other results were high flying luchador Loca Vida defeating Dux, "Sik Rik" Matrix defeating Troy "The Boy" Buchanan via submission, "Buffalo Bad Boy" Brian Jennings defeating Krimson.
The main event started as Steiner and Atkins jumped out quickly on the Killer Steve's. It was a classic back and forth match until both Atkins and Steiner put on the signature Steiner Recliner on both Steve's until they both gave up.
![]() |
| Great guy, definitely loves the business. |
Next post will be about the upcoming Buffalo Greek Festival next Friday, Saturday, and Sunday! I will be there likely either Friday or Sunday so if you see me, don't be afraid to say hello!
LL
p.s, Happy Memorial Day, if you see a veteran, be sure to thank him and feel good that he is alive and well. Because there were men who did not make it back, tomorrow is a day especially for them. Because they paid the ultimate price to assure this country freedom and peace from their generation to ours. R.I.P To the men and women who fought and died for our country.
![]() |
| Me (Left) Dux (Right) |


Comments
Post a Comment