Spring Semester Over, The Summer of Lars Begins!

Since January 25th, it has been nothing but schoolwork, broadcasting games, BLT's, among other things. But now that the semester is over, it is now the 'Summer of Lars' (a ploy on 'The Summer of George' in Seinfeld). Here is what's to come during my summer vacation!

-Since I am now an intern at WGR Sports Radio 550AM, that is where I will be from 2-6PM every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I cannot wait to begin May 21st and be a part of "Shopp and the Bulldog".



-I am going with my family to New York City on July 4th to see the New York Mets play the Philadelphia Phillies at Citi Field. This will be the very first time in my life that I have stepped foot in the big apple. I will of course sample the fare offered there. Including Brennan and Carr's roast beef, Spumoni Gardens pizza in Bensonhurst, and many other eateries I will visit.

-A proposed mini-trip to Toronto with the DJ's at 91.3FM WBNY to see the Toronto Blue Jays play at Rogers Centre (aka Skydome) sometime in June. My last trip to Toronto was back in mid December 2011 with co-host for BLT Trevor Dugan, and we went to Gretzky's Restaurant for dinner. I plan on returning there for the trip, so I can deliver a proper review of the hockey god's eatery.

-July 7th and 8th will be the annual Taste of Buffalo downtown. My uncle and I have gone to this tremendous event 11 of the last 12 years (only other time I missed was my trip to San Diego in 2005). Every year the festival provides patrons various restaurants offering a wide variety of palettes, along with wine tents, beer tents, and various activities for the kids to enjoy! Over 50 restaurants and 7 wineries are expected to serve for over 450,000 hungry customers for the two day festival.



-I definitely plan on going to some Thursday at the Harbor shows, near the First Niagara Center. One show I have an eye on is the Grace Potter & The Nocturnals show June 29th.

-June 1st-3rd, the 35th annual Buffalo Greek Festival will take place right in the heart of the Elmwood Village. The festival will be serving authentic greek cuisine, along with shops inside the Orthodox Church, and various activities and events going on over that weekend. It would be my third time at the festival, and the last two years have been a lot of fun, especially the great music and the fresh, succulent smell of beef cooking on the grill. I highly recommend that you come to this. It is also the first festival in Buffalo during the Summer.

-The very popular Buffalo Italian Festival, recognized as the second largest Italian street festival in all of the country will take place July 12th-15th on Hertel Avenue in Buffalo. You want a reason why this festival is big? Frank Sinatra Jr. played a concert here. I think that speaks for itself how popular this festival is. I will of course be attending that as well, immersing myself with Italian cuisine all throughout the day. (For more info visit  http://www.buffaloitalianfestival.com/index.htm)

This is simply the tip of the iceberg for all the wonderful festivals and carnivals going on in Buffalo. And they say that Buffalo is dead between Sabres and Bills season. Hah! Buffalo is just getting started to party! Be sure to check in for more upcoming festivals and if you see me there, say hello.

Photos:
- Mr. Met credited to artist Sal Levine
-Grace Potter & The Nocturnals credited to www.onlineusanews.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Echoes Were Awakened (Part III of V)

R.I.P MCA/Bisons Game

Recap Of Buffalo State Softball Tournament