X-Games Aspen Day 4
It should be set in stone, Shaun White is the greatest athlete to ever grace the X-Games.
White has won his sixth consecutive gold medal at Snowboard SuperPipe, becoming the second X-Games athlete to ever win six straight gold medals in the same event (the other Tucker Hibbert in Sno-cross).
14-year-old Ayumu Hirano, scored a 92.33 on his second run, while bailing on the third hit on his last run. The eighth grader from Nigita, Japan finished in second, becoming the youngest medalist in X-Games history.
Markus Malin had a 91.33 on his second run with a backside double mctwist 1260, good for the bronze.
Scotty Lago opened up with a 90.00, highlighted by a truck driver 1080. Sitting in fourth with one run to go, Lago bailed on his entry into the halfpipe. During the broadcast, White wanted the judges to give Lago another run, but since Lago entered the halfpipe, it was registered as a run.
So in the end, after four days of incredible action at the X-Games, we now move on to France in March for the second leg of the X-Games world tour. It has been an amazing ride and I am glad that I had the time to cover it. I apologize for not covering day three since I had other commitments and did not have access to a computer.
In closing I would like to extend thoughts and prayers to Caleb Moore, who is still recovering from his horrific crash during Snomobile Freestyle on Thursday. Moore may have potentially suffered brain damage due to the crash. I sincerely hope he makes a healthy and speedy recovery.
Our thoughts are with you Caleb.
White has won his sixth consecutive gold medal at Snowboard SuperPipe, becoming the second X-Games athlete to ever win six straight gold medals in the same event (the other Tucker Hibbert in Sno-cross).
White started off with a 21' frontside air, with a backside double rodeo, scoring a 95.00 basically without breaking a sweat.
He then elevated his opening hit on his next run to over 24', the highest height recorded on the SuperPipe ever. White pulled mainly the same run, ending with a double-cork 1260, but upped his score to a 98.00 due to the higher elevation on his tricks. White cruised on his third run to secure the gold.
14-year-old Ayumu Hirano, scored a 92.33 on his second run, while bailing on the third hit on his last run. The eighth grader from Nigita, Japan finished in second, becoming the youngest medalist in X-Games history.
Markus Malin had a 91.33 on his second run with a backside double mctwist 1260, good for the bronze.
Scotty Lago opened up with a 90.00, highlighted by a truck driver 1080. Sitting in fourth with one run to go, Lago bailed on his entry into the halfpipe. During the broadcast, White wanted the judges to give Lago another run, but since Lago entered the halfpipe, it was registered as a run.
So in the end, after four days of incredible action at the X-Games, we now move on to France in March for the second leg of the X-Games world tour. It has been an amazing ride and I am glad that I had the time to cover it. I apologize for not covering day three since I had other commitments and did not have access to a computer.
In closing I would like to extend thoughts and prayers to Caleb Moore, who is still recovering from his horrific crash during Snomobile Freestyle on Thursday. Moore may have potentially suffered brain damage due to the crash. I sincerely hope he makes a healthy and speedy recovery.
Our thoughts are with you Caleb.

Comments
Post a Comment